Shareholder FAQ

How can I claim a refund on Austrian Withholding Tax on dividends?

Beneficial holders wishing to claim a refund from Austrian Withholding Taxes should take the following steps:


  1. Open the web-form, duly fill it in and submit it electronically (the “advance notification”). The relevant online form can be found at the following link:

  1. Print out the advance notification as submitted (including the transaction number) and sign it.
  2. Approach the tax authority of your state of residence and have the advance notification certified by them.
  3. Send the advance notification (including the certification by your tax authority) by post to the responsible tax office/authority. Please note that transmission by facsimile is not permissible.


For further information please visit the following website:

Where is the Company incorporated?

RHI Magnesita is a public company with limited liability under Dutch law and was incorporated on June 20, 2017. It has its corporate seat in Arnhem, the Netherlands.

Where is the Company registered?

RHI administrative seat is in Vienna, Austria and its registered office at Kranichberggasse 6, 1120 Vienna, Austria. The Company is registered with the Dutch Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce under the number 68991665.

How can I buy / sell shares in RHIM?

You can purchase shares in RHIM through a stock broker, bank or a financial institution that provides brokerage services.

The London Stock Exchange has a “Locate a broker” service.

Can you explain the implications for shareholders in RHI AG / Magnesita shareholders as a result of the merger? Are my RHI AG / Magnesita share certificates still valid?

Only a very limited number of our investors directly hold shares in their own name and qualify as a Shareholder and only CREST Members qualify as Depositary Interest Holders. Almost all of our investors, including former RHI AG shareholders, hold their interest through a broker, bank or nominee (or in a similar manner) and are neither a Shareholder nor a Depositary Interest Holder.

How do I register the death of a shareholder?

Please contact our registrar, Computershare, who will lead you through the process.

How do I update address details etc. for my shareholding?

If you have registered with the Investor Centre, details can be updated here. Otherwise please contact Computershare by post or by phone. See contact details here:

Computershare Investor Services PLC
The Pavilions
Bridgwater Road
BS99 6ZZ
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 370 707 1402

What are the tax implications when I a) receive dividends b) sell shares?

The Issuer is considered tax resident in Austria under the tax rules of Austria and under the double taxation treaty between Austria and the Netherlands.

We recommend you obtain independent financial advice.

What are the registrar contact details?

You can find the contact details of the registrar by clicking on the following link:

Registrar – RHI Magnesita Investors

When is the next AGM?

For more information about the upcoming Annual General Meeting, please visit our website.

I hold my shares through a nominee account; can I vote at the AGM?

If you hold your interest through a broker, bank or nominee (or similar) you should normally receive directions from such broker, bank or nominee (or similar) on how to attend and vote at the AGM or how to give a proxy or voting instructions. These directions should be followed. If you have not received such directions, it would be advisable to contact your broker, bank or nominee (or similar) as soon as possible.